Homeowners with whole-home AC units should be performing regular maintenance on their AC units.
DIY Maintenance for AC systems:
- Clean any dirt, leaves and debris outside the main cabinet.
- Inspect the base pan for blocked drain openings.
- Inspect the coil and cabinet for any holes and leaks.
- Inspect the fan blades while they’re in motion and stationary to determine wear and damage.
- Inspect and clean outside of control box associated with unit.
Tips to get the most out of your AC
- Make sure your attic is properly ventilated.
- Draw blinds or drapes to block the sunlight during the hottest part of the day.
- Set your ceiling fans to rotate counter-clockwise.
- Use your grill and cook outside as much as possible
- Clean the enamel finish of your outdoor unit with soap and water. For stubborn grease spots, use a household detergent. Do not use lacquer thinner or other synthetic solvents as they may damage the finish
If you don’t want to do these things yourself, contact us to schedule an AC Checkup Service.